Thursday, August 19, 2010

Im still here

It has been a while since I posted. School has started. Megan is in 10th grade and is so excited about turning 15! I remember those days. Sydney is in 5th grade and loves school. Her history class is a lot of work. Mrs. Ennis was tough in choral, why do I think she would be any different as a history teacher. Syd is also taking Cheernastics with Juddi Jones and LOVES it.

I participated in a tag swap this week with pinkscrapper99.blogspot.com using distressed techniques. The tag looked beautiful! I am so proud of it. I gave Mema a copy of it, plus I have some left over, so I will give Mama one too and still have one to keep!

Mema had another stroke over a week ago and is still on a walker. She is good except she doesn't have feeling in her foot. She will be getting it back, so the drs say. I sat with her yesterday.

Andy's mom died July 2nd. It was a tough time for the family. Megan took it very hard. Syd was touched too. Funny thing is there was a Bible that she had, where she had written prayers for the members of her family over the years. A lot were about Chris, which really proves prayers will be answered! She also had prayers about us not keeping MEgan from her. You know, it took her death for me to actually see just how much she loved us all. I was so offended when she threatened to get Megan, but now I can see it was desperate plea just to be able to see her. Her death affected Andy, but as usual, he is very quiet with his emotions.

He did cry, especially when we told Syndey Grace. Syd was gone out of town with Mama and Daddy somewhere. So that night when she came home, we had to tell her. I will never forget how she ran to his arms and told him she was "so sorry for his loss". I cried myself. She is such a sweet child. Of course, Megan is too. She has continued to try to talk to Andy about his feelings on the subject. It frustrates her that Andy is so closed off.

The plaque for the burial plot is done now. We need to get some flowers for it.

Her death also opened the door for me to talk with Mama and Daddy about their wishes. Daddy was very frank and said that cremation would be fine with him. Mama agreed, sort of. Of course, I made it perfectly clear that I want my body donated for research. Andy won't talk about it. The girls don't want open caskets, which wouldn't have happened anyway!

That brings up a point about funerals and caskets. I don't look. As a rule. I prefer to see the person in my memories as he or she was in life. Not the plastic made up model. So what I do is avoid the casket "viewing" area. With Gloria, however, I had no choice given the situation at the time. I am actually glad that I looked. the last time I saw her was on the Tuesday at lunch before she went to the hospital that night, then died on Friday. She looked so much better in the casket. Almost normal again. It had been a couple of years since she has looked that good! That was once that I am glad I looked.

Andy is still concerned about taking Zocor since her death. The drs said it was the diabetes, zocor, and recent heart surgery that caused her congestive heart failure. When Zocor was mentioned, Andy and Gary both focused on it. Andy goes to Dr Crowe tomorrow to talk to him about it, his stomach probs, and hopefully his turning red-ish-purple in times of "stress". Hopefully I will be back to update about all taht.

I have a UTI and yeast infection. That explains the time on the computer today. I feel like crap with all the meds and the sickness.

It's like Andy said the other day... "If we had more money, life would be perfect"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment