Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Definition

This blog is written to myself.

The reason I am taking this approach to blogging is because I have memory problems brought upon by the MS (Multiple Sclerosis). I considered how much my memory had been affected in the past 4.5 years and decided that I needed to do some things to prevent the loss. Well, actually I have always been very active in working to keep my memories and to build my memory-retention-ability. Another reason I am addressing this blog to me is to provide myself a place to make note of memories and things I need to remember.

Mnay people with cognitive problems and diseases that affect memories are encouraged to keep a journal. It occurred to me that I have never been good at keeping a journal, so journaling won't be a good outlet for me. But blogging, which basically a journal that the world can access, is the perfect set up. I get on the computer every evening, so I can take a few minutes to blog about my day, memories that randomly pop into my mind from the past, or other things that are important to note.

If you are visiting this blog, you are hereby invited into the ramblings and wanderings of a progressively dissolving mind. Unlike Alzheimer's, Multiple Sclerosis has treatments to prevent the rapid decline of mental acuity. However, in noting where I was 5 years ago--in graduate school at the top of my class in all aspects and teaching topics I would thoroughly research and retain-- I have decided that if the descent that I appear to be traveling on continues at the same decline rate, another 5 years will show even more memory-retention-ability loss.

So without further ado...     And so are the Days of Our Lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment