Tuesday, August 23, 2011

All in all...

Mom's CEA is down to 15! Yippee!! She's on a new med and is losing her hair this time, for real.

Things rocked along after wanting something done about that breast lump, and I forgot about it. Aunt Patty was diagnosed with Breast Cancer at the beginning of August. That got me to thinking again. Definitely larger when I felt it. I couldn't really find it in April, but now it is obviously there. So I went to Dr. Crowe, and he ordered an ultrasound. Here are the results:
  1. Radiologist said it was lymph node
  2. Angie Boyd said it was lymph node but looked large and mis-shapen. She also said that she would have a biopsy just for peace of mind.
  3. Crowe is in Africa. Always is when my family has a medical need, it seems. Mainly because my family is always having issues in August/September.
  4. Crowe's office called and repeated exactly what the radiologists report said.
  5. Uncle Terry and Aunt Marilyn, Rona, and Andy all say to have a biopsy.
  6. My insurance will not pay for a biopsy unless Crowe refers me to a surgeon. 
  7. Crowe, even though I haven't asked yet, won't refer me based on the results from the radiologist.
So why do I still want a biopsy? Because everyone else that has had a "spot" has had a biopsy! First time especially! Better safe than sorry! I seriously ignored symptoms the year before I was diagnosed with MS and refused to go to a neurologist at Crowe's suggestion. Now, I want more aggressive care, and I can't get it. My next mammogram is in October after the 26th. I'm still frustrated, and I still have that "feeling" in my gut.

My gut feeling may have had something to do with the tumor that is Andy though. It was a close call with this one. I considered surgically removing it. Decided that serious treatment was required. Things are better so far. We are trying. Both of us. It's actually an effort for both of us, but neither of us want to leave and we both love each other. Then we should work on it, and we are. Whole-heartedly!

Patty had her radical mastectomy today. I'm praying for her so much. I've seen how this looks after in photos. It has to be rough. I dont know much about her treatment plan either. They are pretty closed mouthed. I haven't called, and I am feeling guilty about it.

Paul is still not taking any treatment. He won't get a second opinion either. We are frustrated to say the least.

Rona's sister Rene was diagnosed with breast cancer two weeks ago. I haven't heard from Rona yet. I called and left a message but I know she needs space. I worry about her, and Rene.

Megan started her job at Dr. Stanfield's office. She loves it. I love that she is getting paid and can pay for her own things now. I'm freaking out about her turning 16 in a week!!! Plus it is weird that I am taking her to LBW in the morning and picking her up at work in the afternoon. I don't really see her at school. She doesn't work on Friday-Sunday. She thinks she doesn't have to do anything on the weekends. She just lays around and watches TV. But hey, I would too, if I could.

My newest love...much better than YouTube...is Pinterest! YouTube has great ideas, but Pinterest lets me pin my favorite ideas of EVERYTHING, including videos, from all over the web! Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment